2016 Learn and Lunch Webinar Series
Eating Right: A Key to Healthy Aging
If you missed any of the 2016 Learn and Lunch webinars, we have them here.
- March 16 - A Conversation about Food, Dja-Maa Shepp, MS, RD (powerpoint presentation)
- April 20 - Nutrition Strategies to Promote Health Eating for the Older Adult, Dja-Maa Sheep, MS, RD (powerpoint presentation)
- May 18 - A Plant-Based Approach to a Healthy Lifestyle, Part 1, Andrea John, BS, NSCA-CPT (recorded presentation)
- June 22 - A Plant-Based Approach to a Healthy Lifestyle, Part 2, Andrea John, BS, NSCA-CPT (recorded presentation)
Panel discussion video by tribal care providers
Alzheimer's Foundation of America
This video is of the panel discussion by tribal care providers who have used the REACH into Indian Country program. The program is an award winning, evidence-based program to support caregivers of patients with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
Educational opportunities include:
* Care Connection
, free monthly teleconference on a variety of dementia related topics.
* Concepts in Care Conference held across the country, throughout the year. Upcoming - September 15, 2015 in Chicago, IL. Registration form
* 6 hour DVD training through Dementia Care professionals of America (DCPA
Geriatric Scholars Community
Geriatric Scholars Community is a virtual learning community for primary care providers
and staff. It facilitates interactive, interdisciplinary learning and fosters an environment that allows health care staff to join a community of practice. Flexible course materials include archived webinars, videos, discussion forums, and comprehensive toolkits for download.
Log onto www.gerischolars.org and create a free user profile, then you may join any course at no cost. More courses to follow.
CMEs are available for the following course modules:
End of Life
Copyright 2013 The Consortium of New York Geriatric Education Centers